Will CBD Oil Show Up On a NCAA Drug Test?
Cannabidiol, commonly known as CBD, is a compound found in hemp. It is being used to treat a variety of issues, such as anxiety, stress, pain, and inflammation. People’s experiences with CBD have been hugely positive, especially for athletes. But high performing athletes undergo routine drug tests. This could spell the end of your career if you test positive. For that reason it is important to be educated about the possible results of CBD on professional athletic and NCAA drug tests.
Why Athletes Are Taking CBD…
CBD’s wide range of benefits are due to its positive influence on a branch of our nervous systems called the Endocannabinoid System. All of our major organ systems are influenced by the Endocannabinoid System. This is why some people claim CBD is a “cure all”.
CBD’s many benefits are no exception for athletes. Especially when it comes to recovery from athletic performance. Some of these benefits include:
- finasteride tablets online shop https://pharmacy.chsu.edu/pages/movie-review-writers-services-us/45/ viagra fort johnson essay on compare and contrast example allergic reaction to herbal viagra montaigne essays cannibals pros and cons of organ donation essay sample survey paper of research paper roe vs wade essay beach burial essay follow url can u ejaculate with viagra drug addiction case study https://www.carrollkennelclub.org/phrasing/anethesist/6/ cialis alfabeta imdur with viagra purchase synthroid without prescription laws of life essay examples ohio enter site go here follow site custom thesis writing sites us write my anthropology dissertation proposal https://georgehahn.com/playboy/cialis-mutliple-orgasm/15/ thesis statement on breast cancer https://raseproject.org/treat/yohimbe-and-viagra/97/ writing upside down and backwards can u mix viagra and cialis research paper apa format examples https://vabf.org/reading/anti-migrant-essay/250/ essay and dissertation writing service does viagra work normal people Stress Reduction – Stress is a huge factor, especially for high level athletes. Taking CBD before a big event, competition or game can reduce performance stress and anxiety.
- Inflammation – Due to its anti-inflammatory effects, CBD is the perfect post-workout supplementation. CBD users have reported their sore muscles recovering faster, which is a great alternative to over the counter anti inflammatories like aspirin.
- Muscle Spasms – Due to its antispasmodic properties CBD has been known to benefit those who suffer from workout induced muscle spasms,
- Pain Management – CBD makes quick work of Arthritis, injuries, and other pain resulting from workouts and athletic endeavors.
- Relaxation and Sleep Aid – Schedule wise, many athletes use the evening to work out, which means getting to sleep can be challenging after an exciting workout. CBD helps with sleep, so your workout doesn’t need to interrupt your sleep. Not to mention, a good night’s rest will mean faster recovery and increased performance.
What About CBD And NCAA Drug Testing?
When it comes to NCAA drug testing, tests are looking for any performance enhancing drugs. Sadly, this still includes THC. THC is the active cannabinoid found in marijuana. It is the cannabinoid that gets people high.
NCAA drug tests, as well as drug tests in general, do not look for CBD OR test positive for CBD. That’s good news for athletes. However, an important distinction needs to be made. CBD oils vary. There are three primary types of CBD oil: Full spectrum CBD, CBD Isolate, and Broad spectrum CBD.
Full spectrum CBD contains small amounts of THC (>0.3%), as well as other beneficial terpenes, cannabinoids and phytonutrients. This means you will NOT get high from a full spectrum oil, BUT it is enough to run hot on an NCAA drug test (more on that below).
CBD Isolate is pure CBD. Nothing else. Just CBD.
Broad Spectrum CBD is similar to full spectrum because it contains beneficial cannabinoids, terpenes and phytonutrients. The main distinguishing factor is that it has had all of the THC removed. Broad spectrum oils are THC-Free.
What Type of CBD Oil Will Show Up On An NCAA Drug Test?
The chances of any CBD oil showing up on a drug test is low, including drug tests for college athletes. This is because the lowest legal amount of THC found in CBD is 0.3%. That is a very low amount.
However, THC builds up in the body over a 30 day period. Which means even 0.3% could build up after weeks of use. Many people are reporting failed drug tests for this reason as a result of taking CBD. As stated above, the only oil with THC is full spectrum oil.
What Type Of CBD Oil To Take If You Are An Athlete Getting Drug Tested
If you are an athlete, and you are expecting a routine drug test, we suggest taking either a CBD isolate or a broad spectrum CBD oil. These oils are generally THC-Free. We say “generally” because quality is crucial.
There are many subpar oils on the market, which means that even though they say “zero THC”, they may still have small amounts of THC present. It is crucial to request 3rd party COA’s (Certificate of Analysis). This will show you the exact amount of THC present in the oil. It should be zero if you are ordering a CBD isolate or broad spectrum oil.
Whether you are a professional, college or high school athlete and you are expecting an NCAA or routine drug test, it is important to do your due diligence before taking CBD. Don’t take unnecessary risks. Look for zero THC CBD oils.
Broad Spectrum CBD tends to be the most effective THC-Free oil, but ensure that the product you are buying is indeed “THC Free ” by looking at the 3rd party COA. Ensure that you are buying from a reputable brand.