Can CBD Help Epilepsy Symptoms?
personal goals essay case study dissertation structure grand strategy business plan resume cv doctor viagra trial voucher college essay on service different type of essay https://psijax.edu/medicine/acheter-viagra-en-angleterre/50/ levitra over the counter anti heroism essay https://tffa.org/businessplan/case-study-of-holding-company/70/ derek jeter the life you imagine essay can you buy viagra in nassau thesis editing services in south africa la hipertension y el viagra buyresearchpaper info follow url does meloxicam and synthroid interact http://belltower.mtaloy.edu/studies/resume-and-cover-letter-quiz/20/ viagra expiration of patent buy lexapro in canada common age viagra secondary essay examples high school book report format source url popular thesis proposal writing for hire for university essay on education makes us what we are doxycycline for cysts real essays with readings 2009 mla update anker essay on faithfulness custom term papers and essays cuando es recomendable tomar viagra Epilepsy, also called seizure disorder, is a serious condition, and those who suffer from it are often desperate for solutions. One of CBD’s most famous capacities, is it’s ability to treat epilepsy. In fact, cannabis has been used for millennia to treat seizures [1,4]. As we know, CBD has a long list of benefits. Generally, when people work with CBD, rather than side effects , there are a number of unexpected benefits, such as better digestion, healthier skin, and deeper sleep. This is especially helpful for those who choose to combine natural therapies like CBD, with conventional treatments, because CBD’s benefits tend to oppose side effects from medication.
The most common treatments for epilepsy are prescription drugs. These can be prescribed by Doctors and they can effectively lessen symptoms, sometimes stopping seizures all together. However, these drugs also come with a list of side effects, requiring additional medications. Furthermore, people generally need to take seizure medications for the rest of their lives. In some cases however, people have weened off of their medication and the seizures never return. With the rise of the internet, and the ease of taking health into our own hands, many are finding alternative and safer treatments for epilepsy.
How CBD Can Help Treat Epilepsy?
Seizures are related to the central nervous system. CBD’s main benefit, is it’s positive interaction and influence on mammalian Endocannabinoid systems. CBD’s harmonizing and calming effect on this system is likely why it is effective for treating seizures . There is also a direct link between seizures and inflammation , so CBD’s anti-inflammatory properties would also have positive effects on seizure control.
Those suffering from epileptic seizures have found improvement of symptoms by regularly consuming CBD, particularly in the case of children . There is also tangible evidence that CBD could be an effective treatment for epileptic seizures, especially regarding Dravet syndrome and Lennox-Gastaut syndrome [2,4]. The science regarding these treatments is still in its infancy, however the FDA has recently approved Epidiolex, the first FDA-approved drug containing CBD and marijuana derivatives. Although this does not offer conclusive data, it confirms what many are finding: That CBD can reduce or stop epileptic seizures, and potentially replace conventional drugs.
Proper dosage for any substance is very important, whether natural or synthetic. Any substance can be medicine or poison. This largely depends on the frequency, quantity and length of use of a substance. It is no different with CBD products. It is important to experiment, with the guidance of a qualified healthcare practitioner, and find which dose works best for your body. Start slow, with less than the suggested amounts and monitor how the CBD affects you or your child. Then gradually increase the amounts over time. Write a daily journal to observe how your symptoms are impacted. Once you have found the proper dose, be consistent for a few months to see the benefits.
Here are some suggested doses:
- For adults, 200-300 mg daily, or 3mg/kg daily, divided in two doses, one in the morning and one in the evening .
- For children, 0.5mg/kg daily is a good starting point. One study prescribed as much as 28.6 mg/kg daily, increasing over a period of time. For children, divide into 3 doses – morning, afternoon and evening .
Other Natural Treatments.
Epilepsy is a complex disorder. Below are some alternative and natural therapies that could prove helpful, especially in combination with CBD supplementation:
- Ketogenic diet – Very low carb, high fat, and moderate protein.
- With a ketogenic diet, it is important to eat healthy fats, such as coconut oil, MCT oil (majority C8 oils), grass fed ghee and butter, grass fed animal fats, fish oils and olive oils. Avoid fats high in Omega 6 such as canola, soybean and sunflower oils.
- Focus on high quality and grass fed meats, and wild caught seafood. Organ meats are highly nutritious and beneficial.
- Eat at least 6-8 cups of low carb vegetables, particularly leafy greens
- Eat low to moderate amounts of berries and nuts. Avoid most fruit due to carbohydrate content
- Drink high quality water. We can’t stress this enough. Go hereto find high quality spring water near your home. If not, consider reverse osmosis water, in combination with this.
- Avoid all grains, legumes and root vegetables due to sugar content.
- If a ketogenic diet is too much, or does not work for your body, consider implementing some of the suggested food and water choices above
- Adequate and restful sleep
- Avoid blue light at night and sleep in a dark room. Turn off wi-fi, and put phones on airplane mode. Consider a grounding cable.
- Vitamins containing folate, B6, magnesium, vitamin K and vitamin D
- High quality is best. Low quality supplements can do more harm than good, and you end up peeing out more than you absorb.
- Oily wild seafood, and omega 3 supplements
- Quality is crucial. Source Omega-3 supplements that are rigorously tested for purity. Krill oil is best.
- Bacopa leaf
- Organic and ethically sourced.
- Heart math technology is a good start.
An Important Reminder…
Here at Patriot Hemp, we focus on natural solutions before synthetic ones. We believe nature has a solution for every health issue. That being said, we support the use of prescription drugs and conventional health care when necessary. The necessity for conventional treatments is up to individual discernment combined with professional advice. There is also a powerful synergy when alternative treatments are combined with conventional ones. It is important with serious conditions, such as epilepsy, that you work with a qualified health care practitioner when integrating alternative and conventional medicines.
At Patriot Hemp, our mission is to provide high quality CBD oil to those who can benefit from it. We focus particularly on government employees, veterans, people suffering from PTSD, military personnel, nurses and those in positions of service. That is why we offer several CBD products that contain zero THC. This means you can enjoy all the benefits of CBD without the risk of THC. Find our products and more at https://patriotcbd.org/
 Evan C. Rosenberg, Richard W. Tsien, Benjamin J. Whalley, Orrin Devinsky (2015) Cannabinoids and Epilepsy 12(4): 747-768
 Cunha JM, Carlini EA, Pereira AE, Ramos OL, Pimentel C, Gagliardi R, Sanvito WL, Lander N, Mechoulam R (1980) Chronic administration of cannabidiol to healthy volunteers and epileptic patients 21(3): 175-85
 Porter BE, et al. (2013) Report of a parent survey of cannabidiol-enriched cannabis use in pediatric treatment-resistant epilepsy
 Emilio Perucca (2017) Cannabinoids in the Treatment of Epilepsy: Hard Evidence at Last? 7(2): 61-76
 Lauren Walker, Graeme J. Sills (2012) Inflammation and Epilepsy: The Foundations for a New Therapeutic Approach in Epilepsy? 12(1): 8-12